The only thing positive we can say about today is that the gliders didn't get wet.
We assembled and staged on either side of Runway 02 and waited until the official closing of the airport at 1400 (McMinn County Airport is an active public use airport. They have been very cooperative about letting us close the field to non-gliding traffic each day).
The question on the grid was whether the rain would pass by to our south or come directily to us. The Director, who does not have a smartphone, was never more than a few metres away from someone willing to share the most recent radar loop on his or her phone.
Eventually it became apparent, even to the Director, that we had no chance. The gliders were back in their trailers just in time.
Our last opportunity is tomorrow, and there is some reason to be optimistic...